Carotenoid, Retinol, Retinal, Retinoic Acid
Importance or vitamin A
Organic vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, known as the anti-infective agent of the body. Encounter multiple tasks to the immune system when protected from natural intruders, and magnified by healthy living habits. Vitamin A, assert essentials functions and a great support for : skeletal system, epithelial tissue, and mucous membranes, vision, and sperm production.
Carotenoids work as vitamins in addition to their primary role, antioxidants. Vitamin A can protect all the tissue against free radicals damage inflicted by oxidation process at the cellular level. They have the power to protect the body against the cell afflicted and set up a defense mechanism where vitamins and antioxidants are the fighters of multitude major disorders that affect human health and well-being.
Function Of Organic Vitamin A
- Retinal, is crucial compound necessary for visual pigment rhodopsin which offer a great aid for visual and color adjustments to dark.
- Although the immune system, protected by anti infective agent, promote resistance and strength, and apply a variety of strategies where they are end the hazard. To deal with enemy invaders, the system of our body forge white blood cells which are engaged in undertaking, and end them.
- Bone growth and regeneration, where the production of osteoclast and osteoblast, reckon upon vitamin A.
- Retinoic acid is essential for health of the skin , bone, teeth. Intact skin, offer resistance and protection from microbial agents. The growth and regeneration of epithelial tissue along with mucous membrane where both, are involved in our first line of defense mechanism of the body, and acting as an anatomical barrier against bacteria and viruses. Mucus, protects the mucous membrane by trapping unwanted microorganism that enter the respiratory, gastrointestinal, urinary,and vaginal tract.
- Carotenoids such as beta-carotene, support healthy DNA, so in this regard it help reduce the oxidation stress damage caused by free radicals, which are associated with a great risk of diseases.
Through absorption in intestine, organic vitamin A is stored mainly in the liver, and claim the companionship of dietary fats to be carried through the body. Dietary fats intensify the intake of provitamin A.
Excessive source of organic vitamin A, such as liver, does not have to be included into diet every day. However, carotenoids foods intake is important for future body reserve, which it will be necessitated for later use in the event of illness or any other times when vitamin A is missing of organic diet.
Forms of Organic Vitamin A
There are two forms of Vitamin A:
- Carotenoids called alternatively, precursor of vitamin A, or provitamin A.
Throughout they functionality as an antioxidant, they are in the first line of defense to protect the cell and body from oxidation stress caused by free radicals.
The vivid yellow, orange and red plant pigments, some of which the body can turn in vitamin A, are powerful antioxidants that aid prevention of different diseases, and act to enhance our immune system response to infections. Furthermore, dark green leafy vegetable, the carotenoids are usually veiled by the green pigment of chlorophyll. Most carotenoids such as lycopene from tomato, lutein or phytochemicals such as hesperitin and naringenin from lemon and orange, offer protection against oxidation stress, issued by free radicals. These compounds are not converted into vitamin A.
The other carotenoids with vitamin function, are: alpha, beta and gamma-carotene and beta-criptoxanthin. And the winner is beta carotene, considered the most efficient carotenoid, just for a simple fact that have the ability to grant more vitamin A into the system. In a healthy body, this conversion process is possible. When the steady most of vitamin A is diminished from the healthy system, beta carotene in special, have the attribute to be changed through conversion into vitamin A, to make up the difference. But this is not always the case. The conversion, can be affected by different factors such as age, excess or deficiency of other nutrients, region, sex, health status and medication.
- Preformed Vitamin A or Retinol
Which is a form, from animal source such as meat, specially the liver of turkey, chicken, pork, beef, lamb, or fish, eggs, butter, margarine, cheese.
Generally speaking all fruits and vegetable have been long treasured for their healthy nutritious and antioxidant properties, and by integrity of their abundance in vitamins and minerals have many certify health benefits.
Cooking tips with vitamin A
Vitamin A can be lost from food, during cooking process or storage. In certain cases, cooking can actually increase the availability of carotenoid in food. Lycopene from tomato is a such example. Also, lightly steaming spinach or carrots sharpen the body skill to absorb the carotenoids in these food.
- Steam the vegetable or braise or broil the meat, instead of frying. Some of the vitamins are lost in the fat during frying.
- Carotenoids are absorbed better from vegetable when they are cooked and paired with good fats
- Consume raw fruits and vegetable , when possible. Pair dark leafy green vegetable with good fats and oil.
Chemical imbalances caused by Vitamin A
Low or excess amount of vitamin A, as a well as other nutrients, can cause chemical imbalances into the body by disturbing the metabolism and start a potential hazard for our health. To avoid this fact, healthy eating habits has to be applied. Wide range choices from all groups of foods such as good carbohydrates and fats, proteins, grains, fruits and vegetable is crucial for our health and well-being.
Deficit of Vitamin A
Lack of vitamin A leads to loss of cellular integrity and moisture of the skin and cells. Epithelial tissue and mucous membrane are reduced and mucous secretion with they antimicrobial agents, diminished as well. Due to moisture loss, the skin become harden and start cracking. Sinus, ears, respiratory and reproductive infections and diseases may kick in, due to lack of vitamin A. Measles, pneumonia, diarrhea and many more are among diseases cause by vitamin A deficiency. Vision loss in special to dim or night-light even nigh blindness.
Lack of other nutrients have a great impact in disorder of vitamin A
Overdose of v
As well as deficiencies, overdose especially from high doses of vitamin supplement can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, poor muscle coördination. Skin nails and hair texture changes, such as scaling and itchiness, or acne, hair loss drying due to chronic toxicity even temporary or permanent liver damage.
A balance diet will offer a large range of nutrients from all group of nutrients